So what exactly is this windows PC application error 0xc000142 code problem? It is a very common problem; it happens when an application does not initialize properly. There are several other reasons too like if you have recently installed driver software which is new and sometimes it is not supporting. The 0xc0000142 error code can also generate when incorrectly registered DLL files and incompatible DLL’s are included.
If this happens nothing to get stressed, just follow the steps listed below to get rid of the code problem. You can solve your PC problem yourself by following these guidelines and moreover it’s a quick, easy and free way of fixing the application error 0xc0000142 for windows PC.
- Fix It By Using The ‘Regedit’ Command, In RUN Menu On Your Windows PC –
- Click on the start menu
- Go to ‘RUN’ or search there
- Type ‘regedit’ after that press OK or else press enter there
- A pop-up window will open
- Go to the registry editor present there
- Expand to the various levels till you reach windows key in the above-shown path
- Go to the right side of editor
- Do a double click on ‘LoadAppInit_DLLs value.’
- Press the OK button there and then change it to ‘0.’
- Now click the exit button in registry editor
- Close all current tabs and restart the PC once
- Your problem will be solved
If you run this command quickly in the command prompt window, it can immediately solve the 0xc0000142 Error problem for windows PC.
- You Can Run Full Scan On Your Windows Personal Computer For Any Malware Or Virus
- Visit the start menu on the home screen
- Go to or else search for the “Microsoft security essentials” there
- To open it click on that
- To run a Full Scan of your PC tick on the ‘Full’ option there
- To start scanning your PC, you must click on “scan now” option you see
- Close that tab after you are done scanning
- And you will be done; your problem will be fixed
So you can just run a full scan on your PC to fix this Application error 0xc0000142.
- On Your PC Update Directx And .NET Framework Driver Software –
- Visit start menu you see.
- Go to Control panel or just Search
- Open it by clicking on it
- Visit the ‘programs and features’ you see there
- Click on that to open it
- You can now select any one of the drivers from the two to update
- To choose the upgrade option present there right click on that
- Close all the tabs after ending
- Once you should restart your PC
- And so your error will be solved
Hopefully, it is now clear how DirectX and .NET framework driver software both can skilfully solve the error 0xc0000142 windows 10 error.
Also See: HOW TO FIX THE ERROR 3194 CODE ISSUE?
FIND ADVANCED SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD YOU-TUBE VIDEOS FREE
- You Can Also Run An Sfc Or A Scannow Command On The Command Prompt (Or CMD)
- Once again you need to visit the start menu
- Go to command prompt, or you can search for it
- To open that click on it and it will open
- A pop-up also will open right there
- Type the “sfc/scannow” command we already said, there.
- After typing it press the enter button to start
- You should now wait sometime for it to start and end scanning
- Close all the tabs for successful completion
- And it will be done
So, here also you get the idea how by running the SFC scan you can get rid of the error 0xc0000142 windows PC code problem than you were having for such a long time.
These are all the best ways to solve the error 0xc0000142.